Think you know where all the poisons are in your home? Hint: They may not be just in
your tool shed, garage or under the sink.
I've been reading recently about accidental poisoning incidents and, always with your
safety in mind, I thought I'd pass on some of my findings. Here are a few poison sources
you may not immediately think of:
- House plants. Here's one of many online lists: https://tinyurl.com/danger-pla...
- Kids' toys. Some still have lead paint. Choose US/Canadian made products.
- Food that hasn’t been cooked or stored properly. Follow food sanitation rules.
- Unsafe foods for pets including chocolate, coffee, grapes and macadamia nuts.
- Items that give off fumes, like nail polish.
- Too much of any medication. Make sure to follow dosage instructions.
Despite your best efforts, there's still a poison risk in your home. So, make sure you
have the location and phone number of your local poison control center on hand. Find it
now at www.aapcc.org.